The technological advancements in Crytekâs CryEngine 3 are mind-blowing. The lighting and shadowing effects are beautiful, the character models are hyper-realistic, and environments are stunning; because of this a video was released.
Double Fine is adding some downloadable content to Iron Brigade, their mech-suit shooter on the Xbox Live Arcade. The âRise of the Martian Bearâ add-on is taking the action away from Earth and onto Mars; more details after the jump.
Building on a legacy of the best downloadable games for your console and smartphone, Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party and Xbox LIVE Must Have Games are both back by popular demand and will launch this February. If you’re at CES, you can check out these games in the Microsoft booth, although you’ll have to wait just a bit longer for the full experience.
Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party
Beginning Feb. 15, Xbox LIVE will deliver four back-to-back releases of the best downloadable games, with one new title a week. Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party provides ongoing fun for you and your friends, in your living room and across the globe, bringing four more of the most highly anticipated titles to your Xbox 360 console. The latest House Party title line-up includes:
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare (Microsoft Studios): In this brand-new stand-alone experience, Alan Wake fights the herald of darkness, the evil Mr. Scratch. A thrilling new storyline, hordes of creepy enemies, serious firepower and beautiful Arizona locations, combined with a fun and challenging new game mode, make this a must for Alan Wake veterans, and the perfect jumping-on point for new players. Can you survive until sunrise?
I Am Alive (Ubisoft): One year after a worldwide cataclysmic event has wiped out most of human civilization, a man struggles for survival. Faced with an insecure, decaying and hazardous world, he scours a desolated city, searching for his long-lost wife and daughter. Survive the suffocating, murky streets covered in dust. Climb the teetering remains of last-standing skyscrapers to reach breathable air and find untouched resources. Explore the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving metropolis. Discover a changed human condition, punctuated by distrustful survivors, dangerous armed gangs and victims in need.
Nexuiz (THQ): For centuries, the Kavussari and the Forsellians have waged war. They have a fragile truce but, because of their seething disgust of each other, still pit warriors against each other in arenas rather than on the fields of war. These episodes of lethal combat are broadcast throughout the galaxy as entertainment — a spectacle known as The Nexuiz Competition — an arena-based first-person shooter where you can alter the rules of the match and the laws of physics while dominating opponents in ever-changing hostile environments.
· Warp (EA): “Warp” is a puzzle-based stealth action game where you play as Zero, a lovable-yet-lethal orange alien with a big score to settle! Captured by the villainous Commander and imprisoned in his underwater facility, Zero must plan his ultimate escape using his arsenal of alien abilities — warp, frag, echo, swap and launch.
Must Have Games for Xbox LIVE on Windows Phone
Once again, Must Have Games brings the biggest names in mobile games to Xbox LIVE for Windows Phone. Kicking off in early February, one smash title will be released each week, complete with Xbox LIVE Achievements, Leaderboards and more. The second wave of Must Have Games for gamers on-the go includes:
BulletAsylum (Microsoft Studios): Annihilate invaders with a wall of firepower in this insane arcade shooter. With an insane amount of firepower at your fingertips, vibrant graphics and an all-you-can-shoot buffet of alien hordes to destroy, “BulletAsylum” will blow you away!
Chickens Can’t Fly (Microsoft Studios): Join the ranks of our scientists and see what chickens are capable of! Countless hours of fun await you: fall down an experimental pit, avoid obstacles, use power-ups and power-downs, gather corn, and make it through to the end. Use the skills you learn to get a high score in Survival Mode and show off to your friends on the Xbox LIVE and global leaderboards.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts): It’s time to fulfill your need for speed. Drive up to 20 precision-performance cars in adrenaline-fueled showdown across 24 day-and-night tracks. Take it to the limit in 48 total Cop and Racer Career Events, collect bounty, and rise to the top of the ranks.
Splinter Cell Conviction (Gameloft): Unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher, a highly skilled Special Forces operative, and fight a corrupted secret agency to get your daughter back. Run, jump, fight and shoot using a handgun, a shotgun, an AK-47 assault rifle and a bazooka, or maintain stealth by improvising with nearby objects. You are now a renegade spy agent; you don’t follow any orders except for your own rules of engagement.
Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp (Microsoft Studios): Wage war on a tiny scale in “Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp,” which brings the fun and addictive shooting gallery mini-games from Xbox 360’s “Toy Soldiers: Cold War” to your Windows Phone.
What is the process for downloading and then burning XBOX 360 and PS3 games onto a blank DVD, so they can be played on my XBOX 360. I’ve heard about “mod chips” but I have no clue what they are or how it is done. Is there a newer and better way to do this ? Thanks
- one its illeagl and two u have to mess with your console and three u cant play online with it so all the work u have to do is for nothing and u cant get acheivements for th 360 when using a download game
I bought this from Gamestation and when I connected it it came up with EvolutionX menu – totally confused I rang the store to be told its been chipped. Works fine BUT I have no idea how to access the hard drive. I dont know what gb the drive is or how to access saved files. All the Evolution menu gives me is launch disc (which I dont have cos i didnt chip it) or settings/info which has lots of info that means nothing to me.HELP!!!!
Gamestation have asked us to return it on Weds if we cant work it out – just gutted that it cant be used tonight as it was a present for my hubby and now it will be a day late :-(
They were quite surprised as they reckon to check the items they sell pre owned but clearly they dont!
- Quite odd. Try getting a refund/exchange from gamestation? This is after all not the item you wanted. If anything, try taking it to a game store and see if you can exchange it for another one that is not chipped. Tell them what it is and see if you can get it fixed and taken off. But with it chipped anyways it voids the warranty since the original hardware is tampered with.
I just bought an Xbox a little while ago, it is modded with “EvoX” or “EvolutionX”. I’m not sure if they are the same thing or not, but I don’t know how important that is ^^
What I would like to know is how to install/copy new games onto it. Can anyone help me with this? Intelligent answers only please, and a video tutorial would be very very handy :D
Thanks in advance
- It’s easy, even thought it’s modded with the EvoX, you still have to hardwire the device. Use a paperclip or a thin piece of wire. Unplug the power cord from the wall, and wrap the paperclip around the two prongs, so they are electrically connected. Plug it into the wall, and it’ll work great! Enjoy the games :)
I have a modded xbox the firmware is
I dont know why my xbox is not playing disks or anything.
senic I got it modded the games dont play or read.
And I want to play halo 2 and i want to get some cheats for it so i can get to the top of the level.
- Call up Microsoft.
well my bro told me that theres a software called “emulator” that can make you play xbox games on a pc…is this true??? if so could u post me a link to an emulator download site? thanks in advance :)))
Note: A software emulator is required for each original Xbox game you play on your Xbox 360™ console
I’m trying to buy games that will play on Xbox 360 for a kid’s xmas party for needed kids. I have no way to know if they has this “emulator.”. What is it? It is needed for EACH game? The director specifically said they play 360 games but many sellers have a mix.
- It means the 360 that you are going to use must have a hard drive and a way to update it either from Xbox Live or from xbox.com to download the needed emulation software. An emulator copies the software used on the original Xbox to play original Xbox games on your 360. A hard drive is needed to do this. You can go here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm and look at the list of games that are backwards compatible. This means they are original Xbox games that can play on the Xbox 360. You can also look here http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardscompatibility.htm to see how to make original Xbox games play on the 360. Follow the steps to either connect to Xbox Live for the update or burn the update to a disk.
- That’s a trick question right? If we answered that here we’d be arrested, since it’s illegal to possess a modded chip installed. I’ve seen my friends banned from yahoo for giving info like that. And two got there systems confiscated.